The safest way to cure a water supply of a bacteria
problem is to install a UV light. This system consists
of an ultraviolet light inside a tube. The water travels through the tube,
exposing the bacteria to the ultraviolet light. This kills the bacteria
without the use of chemicals.
Since you cannot see, smell or taste bacteria, the UV unit has an alarm
that will activate if the unit is not functioning properly. This will
alert members of your household that the water may not be safe to drink.
The UV light does have a bulb that wears out over time. The bulb will
need to be changed once every twelve months. If the bulb needs to be changed,
the alarm will activate to notify you.
Water that travels through the UV light does need to be of certain quality
in order for the unit to function properly. Because of this, if a UV light
is needed, we may recommend pretreatment to remove turbidity, iron or
Click on image for downloadable PDF Brochure
If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it here.